Thursday, December 10, 2020

Two by two


This arch was practically buried under our wisteria when the tree trimmers got here. I moved it across our yard from near the sidewalk, closer to the house. 



Then, I dug up and replanted two rose bushes that were struggling, underneath that wisteria. The climbing rose on the right reaches just past the curve of the arch. It looks a little feeble compared to it's partner on the left, which wasn't supposed to be a climber at all. Just look at those canes!



Here's the finished whatchamacallit (see previous post).  Look closely. The two loops are connected like links of a chain. 
I had enough Rowan Felted Tweed Aran yarn left for two hats. For the one on the left, I played with color and patterning. For the striped one on the right, I was over it. I didn't feel like designing with bits of yarn, so I used Helix knitting. It's like each yarn makes an upward spiral at the same time as the others. I just kept going until I ran out!

My grandchild, who's already learning to be a monster and tromp around the house, requires appropriate gear. So, I knitted and felted a pair of Bigfoot/Yeti slippers. The pattern is an e-book, Cryptozoology, from Knit Picks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment