Thursday, October 29, 2020

Latest Inventory

Wow! It's been four months since I last inventoried my projects. This is not a bad showing!
For this adorable sweater, I followed a pattern from a Sandra magazine dated 2/92.


Little sweaters are so much fun. Don't miss a peek at the buttons!


This triangle-shaped shawl is knit up from my handspun. The lace design is only done on one of the shorter edges. The pattern is "Closer to the Edge" and the fiber is Redfish silk/camel.

Here is another, smaller, knit shawl from my handspun. The fiber is Redfish, silk/yak. 

I swore off socks, but this yarn was in my stash. These socks are knit from the toe up. I taught myself a different technique for the heel, called "short row". It's easy to knit and fits well, too.

And I went back to kindergarten, patterning. Think A B C A B C A... I learned that if I start both socks at color "C", for example, the striping will match! These were made with Berrocco Sox, self-striping yarn!


Somebody liked the hat I made with what was left!!

What to do with leftover sock yarn? These were a variegated and a yellow pair. Now, they're headed (hahaha!) for my drawer of unclaimed items.

I don't often repeat a pattern, but I had more of my very first handspun left and this sheep pillow is so cute! How could I not?

I've made this doggy pattern before, too. 

I found the pattern, 'Mr. Crabby', in a book called Crocheted Softies by Stacey Trock. 'Siegfried, the monkey' is another pattern from Edward's Menagerie

Currently, I'm knitting a garment, 'Fyvie', from Rowan Knitting and Crochet Magazine Number 68. The photo on the left was taken just before I ripped out about 40 rows. (That's 224 stitches per row.) The one on the right is Take Two. I can see the difference, and it mattered to me.

I decided to play with my new to me, antique Singer sewing machine. A few months ago, I drove all the way over the hill to a Not big box fabric store to buy cloth for a denim skirt. I took this picture during a break between cutting and tantrum-ing. The cloth was sun damaged and crooked (the warp and weft weren't square). 

What does one do when they're alone (I didn't think I could ask the nurses), without a swift and ball-winder and the yarn hasn't been skeined, yet? Knees!

Here's my current spinning Zen. This is another Redfish fiber from my stash, silk/baby camel.

Someone posted that she was selling 19 pounds of yarn at less than half price. I couldn't talk me out of it. 

Now, Julia and I are making some towels. We will probably continue to make towels for the forseeable future!

Each time I've used Sophie's full width and the drawloom, some of the edge threads repeatedly get stuck in the up position. On the left side of the picture, you can see the vertical threads all scrunched together. I spoke with Joanne Hall. She recommended I move them to the other side of the bars before my next project. 

Here's the same problem from a different view. Do you see the vertical black threads pushed up against the right side of the wooden bar? It took a couple of hours, but I got them moved to it's other side without taking everything totally apart.
And while we're at it, do you see black and white, left-leaning threads at the bottom of the picture? Just behind them are pastel threads tied to white ones. The pastels are the new warp, the white ones were the warp from my previous project. I tied 550 knots to make that happen. Believe it or not (hehe), that was a time saver!

And now, Sophie and I are much happier! We'll be using her full-width to make some more baby blankets! 

1 comment:

  1. I realize this post represents your projects for over four months but man oh man, have you been busy. I don’t finish that many things in a year!!

    ReplyDelete