Thursday, April 30, 2015


I'm feeling Great! after being sick for about six months and not getting much done. Talk about rebound! I think I've been on a knitting production frenzy.
I bought some Cricket (80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon) at an Anzula  trunk show to make this New Caesar shawl.

I liked the pattern so much that I wanted to make another where the pattern really popped! I made this one using Cricket, too.

And I've been eying my huge stash of handspun. What do you do with 4 oz of all these different yarns? Then I saw the pattern book, Curls
I bought this camel/silk as fiber from Anzula, as well. Are you starting to see a pattern?

And I made this up in a few days.

Time for a slight change. This silk will be next on my Suzie, with the stylus, I think.

On Sophie, I've been busily weaving a shawl. The only problem is that the 8/2 tencel is gray and black, which makes it hard for me to see the pattern while I'm weaving it. When I first saw the skips, I thought I could fix them after the cloth was off the loom. Then I realized how many there were. That's no Persian flaw. 

I didn't weave for two weeks while I pouted decided what I wanted to do. Today, I finally decided that the point is to make something I enjoy and of which I am proud. Wasting yarn should not be an issue (just look at my stash). So, my sweetie went out and bought me an Ott Lamp! Maybe I'll tell you later how many inches I had to chose to unweave.
Blue and white sages and bottle brush blooming in my back garden.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

On Hold

I've been feeling like I've been kind of on hold. A couple of weeks after my serger came back from the repair shop, I sat down to finish some edges. I was in a bit of a snit, so I wasn't very focused. I started the machine without paying attention to the threading. One of the threads was twisted and with a loud THUNK, I broke my serger. And not only did I do a really good job of it, but my fix-it guy is going through some family emergency stuff and hasn't been able to complete the repairs, yet. AAARGH!!!

I finished weaving several blankets, but I haven't washed or hemmed them, yet. And I cut out some yardage to make a skirt. I'm just digging my heels in about using the serger and not the zig-zag on my sewing machine. 

In the meantime, I did use up some of the yarn left over from my hoodie sweater.
This was so fun to do, I may just knit another!  
This picture was from my backyard in March (I hadn't wanted to rub a certain someone's nose in this while they were buried under feet of snow!)
 And, now with the heat here, our lettuce is bolting. But look what else grew!
Our first artichokes!