Wednesday, April 8, 2015

On Hold

I've been feeling like I've been kind of on hold. A couple of weeks after my serger came back from the repair shop, I sat down to finish some edges. I was in a bit of a snit, so I wasn't very focused. I started the machine without paying attention to the threading. One of the threads was twisted and with a loud THUNK, I broke my serger. And not only did I do a really good job of it, but my fix-it guy is going through some family emergency stuff and hasn't been able to complete the repairs, yet. AAARGH!!!

I finished weaving several blankets, but I haven't washed or hemmed them, yet. And I cut out some yardage to make a skirt. I'm just digging my heels in about using the serger and not the zig-zag on my sewing machine. 

In the meantime, I did use up some of the yarn left over from my hoodie sweater.
This was so fun to do, I may just knit another!  
This picture was from my backyard in March (I hadn't wanted to rub a certain someone's nose in this while they were buried under feet of snow!)
 And, now with the heat here, our lettuce is bolting. But look what else grew!
Our first artichokes!

3 comments:

  1. I'm really concerned. Our neighbor asked if we had noticed any changes in our well water and that's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pillow! Sorry about your serger, they are so great when they work, but so frustrating when they don't. Your backyard garden looks very happy, which is always nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful pillow! The artichoke looks very delicious - nice and fresh...pass the butter please!

    ReplyDelete