Sunday, February 28, 2021

Months

Considering that, like most everyone else, I've been staying home, I'd think I would have gotten more done in the four months since I last posted.


  Many months ago, many moons ago <he he!>, a friend sent me a "how cute is this" with a link to this pattern.

This turtle doesn't have to stay home. His shell can be put on and off, like a sweater.

And for my home, I finished the towels I'd started months ago on Julia.


Years ago (that's a change), I made most of a sweater with this Cool Wool yarn. Then, I decided that I didn't like the look, and put it away in the naughty corner.
The new pattern is called, Cable Yoke Cardigan. I found the making of it fascinating! Most sweaters I knit are made in separate pieces and then, sewn together. This one started with a long strip of cable knitting, for the yoke. Then, I picked up some stitches along the edge for the right front. When that was done, I picked up stitches to make the right sleeve. And so, it went.

Unfortunately, I left it too long in the wash, and it felted some. Fortunately, I was able to re-home it with my niece!


Again, months ago, I was so pleased to have set up my Sophie to make some more baby blankets. Then, I got stuck. I just didn't want to weave. I never got beyond this point. I ended up deciding that I didn't like the look and unwove it all.


Then, Sophie sat for a couple more months until I pushed myself to find a pattern I liked. I also changed to a different weft. Now, I'm making progress.


I finally finished spinning up this silk/baby camel from RedFish. I don't know what I'm going to do with the finished yarn, so I've left it as singles.

I didn't realize how similar the colors of these fibers are. This cotton is my next project. Because I'm spinning it so fine, it'll take a while to finish...probably, you guessed it...months.

1 comment:

  1. Karen, thank you for sharing what you have and haven't been up to these last few months. Love, love, love the turtle and the picture of the model wearing the sweater!

    ReplyDelete