Monday, August 20, 2012

Learning to work together


Since Sophia and I are just learning to work together, I find myself weaving for a bit and then climbing down under the loom to adjust some of the treadle tension. I was rather shocked at how much I'd done when I stopped to take the picture. I guess I'm too focused on the mechanics right now. In this shot, the blue is more true.


This is my first ever 12 shaft pattern. I pulled it off of handweaving.net.  It's 8/2 cotton from my stash. I didn't have enough white or natural for the warp, so I added some pale yellow and gray. The color differences are not noticeable unless you look for them. In the meantime, I still didn't empty any of the cones. Although, I did make serious inroads. I had intended that this be a light-weight baby blanket. We'll see how it finishes before I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment