Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First project off of the new loom. (I used a 4 shaft draft from Weaver's Craft, Issue 17, p.8.) I'm trying to shrink my stash, so I chose the aqua yarn. Warp for five towels and weft for two used it up! Then I picked the purple, because it's the only other 8/2 cotton yarn I had that was as coarse as the aqua. All the rest of my non-mercerized 8/2 is So soft, that I don't think it would absorb anything.

I knew that it would make more sense to go from a 4 shaft first project to maybe an 8 shaft, but I don't do 'easy'. I have 12 shafts now, I'm going to use them! So, setting up.

Yeah. This could take a while.

And it did. But here she is (and I think she likes the name Sophia, or Sophie) ready to test the sheds...all 12 of them!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have three looms and so many projects in addition - zounds Batgirl. I can see you're never bored. I was amazed by you mother's sweater but that makes perfect sense for someone living in Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete