Friday, November 12, 2021

Glacial Progress

I've been making glacial progress. My husband said, blog anyway. But there's not much to see here.

fff
It's been so slow that I've gone backwards to junior high school. My mom's not sewing any more, so this pin cushion I'd given her (the pattern was called Sew-fie) needs to fly away.
I am training a new apprentice.
 
And trying to convince my daughter's bestie to become one as well. "...try it! You'll like it!"

I've been so good about not stashing yarn, but...
the owners of my LYS retired and had no place to keep their leftover buttons. I couldn't resist. Each box is full of buttons...

Buttons anyone? Begging.

I'm still waiting on a zipper for one sweater. Then, both of them need to be blocked.
 
 These are done, but they're gifts, so I'm not showing them, yet. Shhh!

The blankets are woven, but they need to be hemmed.

The toy needs to be stuffed and assembled.

 The slippers need something on the bottom to make them not slippery.

 

I took the placemats off of Julia, but they need to be finished. That means repair any errors, cut them apart and hem them.      
 

 

One of the good things that came out of the pandemic is that Vavstuga Weaving School in Massachusetts just started offering their Basics class online. They recommend it for all the way from newbies to experienced weavers.

I've learned so much! My first project is a runner. As you can see, it's woven, but unfinished.


And, my next class project will be some towels. Can't you tell?

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing your projects, even if they are still in progress! I would love some buttons too!

    ReplyDelete