Sunday, July 18, 2021

In process

While I was collecting all of these pictures, I was thinking how much I'd gotten done, until I realized it's been three months since my last post and only two of the photos show a completed project.

My son's hoodie is almost done. It just needs to be sewn together, the hood knitted and the zipper attached. But, it's 95 out. No hurry.

My sweater is also in the slow lane. This is the second sleeve. Then, there's the neck edge to knit and the buttons to sew on.

I'm guessing I knitted this sweater for my nephew about 18 years ago. He handed it down to another nephew. It'll move on to my grandchild now that I've changed the letter.

I've been wanting to weave some lightweight baby blankets. The design I chose is another Pinterest find, printed onto graph paper and transferred by hand to a different size/scale graph paper.

Each square on the grid has to be either a dot, or not. Filling the squares in now, with the entire pattern in front of me, let's me see how best to make what will be straight lines look curved.

The last step before weaving is to highlight and outline alternate columns. This makes it easier to know where I am on the pattern and on the loom.

Tada!

And here's my happy ending with me and my daughter in these simple and fun to crochet hats.








No comments:

Post a Comment