Sunday, June 23, 2019

Learning



There's been a lot of learning happening.
Last month, I went to WEFF. One of the vendors taught me how to use this tool for Andean plying. It allows one to ply from both ends of a piece of yarn at the same time, without a tangled mess. 
Maybe I should learn some self control. Here is only some of the fiber I bought there.
I'm getting better at making diaper covers.

I don't know if this counts as fiber art for Spinzen, but here's my grandbaby using my inkle loom to learn to walk.


My friend works at an elementary school that has a massive garden. They grew the cotton you see here in the basket. She invited me to their school fair to demo the processing of it.




I spun this small bit from their homegrown cotton.

My nephew came for a visit and sat down to learn to spin.

 And my sister-in-law couldn't put the Inkle loom down.











1 comment:

  1. What a great post! You came home with a very nice haul from the fiber festival. I'm envious! That's really neat that you demonstrate carding and spinning cotton for the kids. It makes you wonder how many of them might pursue spinning when they get older.

    ReplyDelete