Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pre-travels

"Let's go on a road trip", he said. So, of course, I had to destash, pre-travels.
I made more curls. I hate to block this one. It looks like dragon scales.

Now, instead of yarn in boxes, I have lots of shawls in my cabinet.



And, scarves. This was a leftover from a sweater I knit, years ago. And unlike the last time I wove mohair, it worked up like a dream!
Then, there was this. Fail. The plan was napkins with 10/2 cotton. I didn't like it on or off Julia. After sitting untouched for well over a year, Julia (my red Glimakra loom) and I agreed to cut off this mess and call it a learning experience. It's Just string! Since there was plenty of un-used warp left, I re-threaded, sleyed and tied it up. We're both much happier now. 
Now, what will I do in the car? This Habu kit is linen paper yarn and silk. It will just be a simple bag.


And this beauty is another curl from left over lace weight wool from another sweater. This is my carry everywhere project. For that reason, I've been working on it for Months. I do a few stitches here, a row there. Because the pattern is so complex and gauge is pointless, I decided this would be a good time to practice doing  something new. Knitting goes from right to left, right? Well, every wrong side row, I now knit left to right! And I taught myself to knit that way both in continental (grabbing the yarn with the needle) and English (throwing the yarn over the needle)! 
 Am I ready to go,yet? Hmmm...


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawls! I live the curls on first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I love those shawls, they turned out quite nice and I bet that they are just so classy and soft to wear. I have that book and I haven't made anything in it yet. Okay, I need to pull it out and pick a pattern! I love the mohair scarf and congrats on being able to weave with it. I tried that once and it wasn't pretty....I'm with you-if the project isn't working on the loom, cut it off, throw it away, and start something new. Life is too short to weave projects that don't make you happy!

    ReplyDelete