Monday, January 6, 2014

The Lure of a Trunk Show

I wasn't planning on going. Really, I wasn't! Anzula was making a three hour stop at my LYS and bringing fiber. And I have this pattern for doggie sweaters and they'd be a fun break from socks. So, my sweet, enabler honey and I headed over to A Major to visit and buy some Encore, and just look. Really.              The fiber was at the front door, so I petted and caressed and cuddled it for a little while. I limited myself to the Baby Alpaca and Baby Llama. Then, I picked the two skeins I needed for Dobby and Winky's sweaters. I wasn't planning on turning around, but my hand brushed against the yarn and I was hooked. I ended up with two skeins of Wash My Lace in the 1 Red Shoe. And they had a pretty cardigan pattern for it there, too. I love being able to download a pattern from Ravelry.               Besides that, I got to chat with Donna Nelson, the chinchilla lady. I have a picture of her fiber here. She showed me a couple of needlepoints she's been working on. And we compared our purchases.

None of this counts as stash if I have a plan for it. Right? Here is some of the yarn I got for the blankies I'm putting on Sophie next.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, nice finds! Getting new yarn just opens the door for creativity and dreaming. Enjoy your new yarn.

    ReplyDelete