Friday, March 1, 2013

Knitting and Spinning

Now that I've finished the two sweaters, I have more time for myself. That means spinning and weaving with knitting as more of an in between project. I bought this fiber at a show a couple years ago, because the colors appealed to me. That, and because my husband and I will buy most fibers and preparations, once. It was labeled as "Pin Drafted Roving, Black suri alpaca blended w/BLx wool and Bamboo silk". The picture looks dark, but that's the true color. What am I going to do with it? No idea.

Meanwhile, my younger son made another request. His hair has grown enough that his hat doesn't fit. I texted him from the store to ask if that was it. Well, he added, a scarf and socks, too. I'm glad my kids appreciate my "stuff".
This is Manos del Uruguay, Maxima. So Soft! The grey is darker than it looks and in some light it appears purple.

Now I'm playing with this merino/silk blend from Red Fish DyeWorks. What can I say? The Color!

I couldn't sleep last night, so instead of just thinking about spinning...yep. The singles are all spun up and I've started plying. Oh, and Yes. I have a toe-up sock in process in my purse.


3 comments:

  1. Obviously your younger son doesn't need a new hat/scarf/gloves anymore...maybe you should send the love a little farther East!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the scarf pattern that you used. I'm sure that your son is delighted. Thanks for including the link to the places where you buy your fiber. It's hard to find nice spinning fiber locally, so I'm always on the look out for online sources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy,
      I'm so lucky that there are so many knitting stores near me. I'm a touch, then buy shopper, so it's not as easy for me to buy online. What I do for weaving and spinning is either drive the two hours to the nearest store (field trip!) or make a glutton of myself at the shows. And, of course, any store we find on road trips is fair game!

      Delete