Sunday, March 10, 2013

A little of this, a little of that.

I've been busy with a little of this and a little of that. I finished plying the merino/silk.

The color's more true here.

And these socks were my purse project. The pattern's a mock cable from page 104 of "Socks from the Toe Up" by Wendy D. Johnson. The bind off is done double knit. This is the first time I'd ever seen that. I love the way it looks and feels! I've been trying to decide how I can integrate that into sweaters...

A little intermission here. This is one of the two Western Redbuds I planted last March. Obviously, this one's thriving. The other one didn't make it. Go figure.

And here's more of the first planting from last year. Almost everything is thriving! And we haven't had a moment without at least something blooming.

Once I bought my Glimakra, I said I'd sell my Gilmore. Well, that hasn't happened. I decided if she was sitting there, she might as well be busy. This is the underside. It'll be a baby blanket.

I don't have any time to dress the loom for the next project, and it's so pretty, I'm leaving this on for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Nice socks!! Sock knitting is so addictive, isn't it? I'm with you on having a project on a loom, it just feels better to see the loom in use. That will be a lovely baby blanket. What yarn are you using? That's something I haven't tried to weave yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I have five pairs of socks to go to de-stash my sock yarns. I don't know what I'll do after I achieve that goal. The baby blanket is 3/2 pearl cotton. I make baby blanket like big samples. Well, that and dish towels.

      Delete