Monday, February 23, 2015

Twist my Arm

Back in July when my younger son said, "Mama, I need a gym bag", it felt like a ridiculous (read 'overwhelming') request.  How easily he can twist my arm! I started to work on it. The only ready-made pattern I could find was McCall's M6410, which is a children's size. When is the last time you altered a backpack pattern? Yeah, me too. Fast forward a few months and I had the cloth on the loom. That was completed in November. And, not that I was dragging my heels, but I didn't start sewing until last month.
This is a picture of my jammed sewing machine. And a project once again marked as "pending".
But I did finally get it done!
I can't remember if he told me it was "legit" or "sick", but I'll take either one! I'm pretty proud of myself, too!
And since I'm always knitting, here are some warm wool/silk socks for the Bostonians. This yarn was the RedFish I bought back in November.
And finally, here's Gilmore on his way to his new home!


5 comments:

  1. OK, this is try #4 (see you're not the only one who's persistent, Karen), then forget about it. 1) Bye bye, Gilmore! 2) Those are stunning socks! 3) If I hadn't heard you complaining about it for months, I wouldn't believe you actually made that gorgeous backpack! (You owe your mother big, Ben.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely back pack! You sold your Gilmore? Why? Did you buy something to replace it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With an almost full time job, I don't have enough time to keep all of my looms busy. Then, about 2 1/2 years ago I bought my Glimakra Standard and fell head over heels in love! And I still have a Glimakra Julia, a Mountain Loom, marudai, inkle and a small two shaft loom. I think I may donate the latter. It's still way more than I have time for. And I never know where to start first.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what an awesome backpack!! I can see why he's so jazzed about having it. Nice modeling job, by the way ;-) It's fun seeing photos of family members. Great socks and I'm sure that they are appreciated by the folks who received them. There's something quite decadent about slipping on a pair of handknit wool socks.

    ReplyDelete