Thursday, December 4, 2014

It's All Learning

I finished the fiddly 12 shaft yardage! So, here's another tote. After doing 36 epi (a little to loose, although not flimsy) and here at 42 epi (odd striping in the warp with this reed), I've decided that the perfect sett for totes with 10/2 cotton, is 40.   
 Looking to the future, I asked Joanne at Glimakra USA what I need to know to be ready for a drawloom. She sent me some patterns. This is one of them from her website. It's an 8 shaft drall.
From start to finish, with life in between, I got these done in four days!


Yes, I know I'll never be a stylist.

4 comments:

  1. Fantasic tote bag, love the handwoven fabric. I am happy to hear that you are interested in draw loom weaving, so am I. It will be with great interest to see how your journey goes into the land of the draw loom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tote bag and that's a wonderful way to use your handwoven fabric! I've always felt like my weaving is a learning experience and each project brings something new that I learn, like sett. Four days for your towels? You were weaving up a storm! I like your towels and one can never have too many towels to use or to give as gifts. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an impressive accomplishment - four days to towels! Love the Christmas colors.

    ReplyDelete