Monday, May 26, 2014

I Did it!


I did it! I finished the grocery totes!
These are from the yardage Sophie and I were playing with. They're beautiful and functional, but I think I'll sett them closer next time. Maybe instead of 36 ends per inch, 40 or 42. Although it may change the pattern somewhat, I'd like the cloth to be a little more dense. The pattern is a crackle weave from handweaving.net.   
At work, I have to pick up and put down my knitting at a moment's notice. So, I was desperate for a row counter of sorts to keep track of this pattern. The pretty stone counter/markers I bought were a little too heavy for sock knitting. And I kept forgetting which row I was on when using them. The bead store didn't have number beads, but they did have letters. It works!



3 comments:

  1. The totes are beautiful. I often see you work and think you could sell them for a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those totes!! Great choice on the pattern and it's one that I've wanted to try. I can see you quite happily pulling out one to use and just smiling because they turned out so well. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete