Saturday, February 15, 2014

Keeping busy

Of course, I've been keeping busy before, during and after our trip.
I climbed inside Sophia (and doesn't that sound strange) to dress her for some baby blankets.

Knitting daily on t.v. and away I go!

For eight blankets, this is over 900 ends (threads) at 13 yards each.

I knitted up an infinity scarf for my niece. This is just a simple garter stitch with a reversible ribbed cable. And it's a de-stash project! This is every bit of what I had left after I made my Fuse Cardigan.

And what fun this sweater was to knit up! It's knit top down with not a single seam! The design is engineered by Vera Sanon.
It's called the Sara Lace Cardi.
"Must I have my picture taken?"

Dobby and Winky now have Weasley sweaters of their own! This is a free pattern from Ravelry.

And the baby blankets are coming along. They're a pattern from page 149 of A Weaver's Book of 8-Shaft Patterns. Summer and winter is one of my favorite weaves. Look how the one side is a "negative" of the other!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! Your loom looks familiar, I have one just like it. The baby blankets are fantastic, great choice on the weave structure. That's interesting that the sweater has no seams. It looks like it fits you quite well.
    Enjoy your week,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete