Friday, September 14, 2012

The pattern said to use four strands of mop cotton. Yeah. No. After weaving about five inches, I could see that the rug would be way too Short. Unweave. Then, I started again with two strands. Looking back on it, I should have played with one strand, as well. I ran out of mop cotton before I ran out of warp.
Here's the tabby for the hem.

And since I had some warp left, I pulled twelve cones of blues and greens to use as weft in place of the mop cotton.

Finished!

And the sample done, too. I liked the feel of them both. I'd like to play with the warp rep some more. Next time, I won't use all of the colors for weft. And one of these days, I'm going to learn to sample in small bites, not big projects...or not.


2 comments:

  1. this is lovely! i have not tried rep yet but it is on the weaving bucket list :)it is so visually appealing to me that im afraid it could become a habit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have responded twice. I don't quite have the hang of the blogging thing, yet. But I'm just saying that Handwoven (SO '88?) has an article about the hows and whys of it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete