What if I spin raw cotton from the garden?
 |
| After about four years of on and off again spinning, I've finished the cotton gifted to me by a friend of a friend from the tree in her garden. |
 |
| Hemp and cotton yarn. Why not knit with it? Maybe it would make a good washcloth. |
 |
| I've already done horizontal and diagonal stripes. Now what? This is called Illusion knitting. From head on, stripey, |
 |
| from the side, ooh! It's magic! |
 |
| I wondered how to use up more of my weaving yarns. All of these napkins are from the same warp. |
 |
| I've been knitting a lot of colorwork lately. I wondered if all of this experience would make knitting these socks easier. I knit the first one five times. But I finished the second one in one go. I guess I needed more practice. |
 |
| I'd heard about steeking, but I'd managed to avoid it until now. I wondered if I could do it. So, I knit this sweater in a spiral, bottom to top. Then, I crocheted two lines up the middle. |
 |
| On either side of the crocheted lines, I picked up stitches to knit a button band and collar. Next, the sweater I'd spent weeks knitting, I steeked. I cut it apart! |
 |
| And it worked! No raw edges! Wool is amazing! The cut edge just needed to be tacked down to become a facing. Nothing fell apart or frayed! |
 |
And voila! Keep questioning. Stay curious! |
No comments:
Post a Comment